Vahine Island Resort
The Vahine Island Resort is situated on the paradisal Motu Tu Vahine, a private island of 10 hectares located in the middle of the Taha’a lagoon. The resort is a member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World and offers all the appurtenances necessary for the perfect island retreat including a superb white sand beach, beautiful lush coconut groves, coral gardens excellent for snorkeling, and a pristine view of Taha’a Island and a stunning perspective of neighboring Bora Bora’s striking sunset.
The resort offers nine bungalows, a refined and luscious cuisine, and a conscientious, friendly staff. The hotel’s very own yogurt is sourced with local vanilla from Taha’a, the Vanilla Island, and is simply divine.
Why You’ll Love It
- This boutique resort is an outstanding getaway for couples and guests looking for an authentic Polynesian experience to celebrate a special anniversary, honeymoon or vacation.
- Book early! With only 9 bungalows, Vahine Island can book up to a year in advance.
- While the resort’s minimum stay is 2 nights, we would recommend a stay of 4 nights to fully enjoy the unique experience offered by this property.
Each bungalow features a bathroom with double sinks, a shower, and separate toilets. Other conveniences include air conditioning, ceiling fan, minibar with cups for tea and coffee, telephone, LCD screen with selection of media, and Wi-Fi internet access.
Beach Bungalow (3 Bungalows – 559 sq. ft)
The Beach Bungalow features a spacious deck with a hammock overlooking the lagoon, the coral garden, and Bora Bora. There is one king-size bed or two twin beds (on request) and a convenient beach shower.
Max Occupancy: 2 Adults
Beach Suite (3 Suites – 1162 sq. ft)
The Beach Suite features a roomy deck with a hammock overlooking the lagoon and Bora Bora. It is equipped with one king-size bed (no twins), a sofa bed, a beach shower, and a second deck edging on the coconut grove.
Max Occupancy: 3 Adults
Overwater Bungalow (3 Bungalows – 667 sq. ft)
The Overwater Bungalow features a covered terrace with direct access to the lagoon. There is one king-size bed or two twin beds (on request). Enjoy the sitting area with an aquarium table and sofa, enabling you observe and feed the numerous species of fish which thrive beneath the bungalow.
Max Occupancy: 2 Adults
Comfort and Entertainment
- Gift Shop
- WiFi Internet Access
- Ice Machine/Laundry Service
- Kayaks, Canoes
- Outrigger Canoe
- Pedal Boat
- The restaurant Vahine welcomes you every day for a calm breakfast of the lagoon, a casual beachside lunch, and a delicious gourmet dinner in a refined atmosphere. Note: given the remoteness of the location, purchase of a half board meal plan is mandatory. It includes a 3-course breakfast and dinner daily.
- The onsite bar is open all day and presents a unique Polynesian architecture of exotic woods, coconut tree trunks, bamboo, and volcanic stone. Cocktail specialties include compositions of fresh-squeezed fruit juices and alcohol/spirits of Polynesia.